2019 Coface Country Risk Conference in Singapore
« THE UNRAVELLING OF GLOBALIZATION? »
More than 250 CEOs, CFOs, bankers, brokers and senior executives from financial institutions joined the 2019 Country Risk Conference in Singapore on 14 November.
Distinguished speakers discussed their assessments of the impact of trade wars on regional economies, supply chains, exchange rates, and investment trends, including
- Satvinder Singh, Assistant CEO, ENTERPRISE SINGAPORE, gave a keynote speech on how is Singapore making herself relevant as a global trading hub;
- Taimur Baig, Chief Economist and Managing Director for Group Research, DBS BANK, highlighted on navigating the fog of trade war;
- Shaun Roache, Managing Director, Chief Economist, Asia-Pacific, S&P GLOBAL RATINGS, focused more specifically on technology more than trade between the trade relations of the US and China;
- Edward Lee, Regional Head of Research, ASEAN and South Asia, STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, highlighted his assessment on tracking the impact during US-China trade war;
- Sian Fenner, Lead Asia Economist, OXFORD ECONOMICS focused on the ASEAN foreign exchange outlook amid downside risks;
- Carlos Casanova, our Senior Asia Pacific Economist detailed our views of Asia outlook for 2020;
- and Tan Kah Chye, Executive Chairman and CEO, CAPITAL & CREDIT RISK MANAGER (CCRM) focused on topic of supporting globalization from a banker’s perspective.
Meanwhile, Xavier Durand, our Global CEO highlighted the company’s core mission “Coface for trade” which expresses the company’s core belief that globalization under threat with emerging risks and every trade needs for expertise, infrastructure and agility. That’s why we invest steadily in these three dimensions key to our future and that of our clients in the whole world.
VIEW AGENDA, SPEAKER PRESENTATIONS
MORE ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Globalization Under Threat – Emerging Risks - Keynote Speech
- Xavier Durand, Global CEO, COFACE
How is Singapore Making Herself Relevant as a Global Trading Hub - Keynote Speech
- Satvinder Singh, Assistant CEO, ENTERPRISE SINGAPORE
Navigating the Fog of Trade War
- Taimur Baig, Chief Economist and Managing Director for Group Research, DBS BANK
The U.S-China Great Game - Technology more than Trade
- Shaun Roache, Managing Director, Chief Economist, Asia-Pacific, S&P GLOBAL RATINGS
US-China Trade War – Tracking the Impact
- Edward Lee, Regional Head of Research, ASEAN and South Asia, STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
ASEAN FX Outlook amid Downside Risks
- Sian Fenner, Lead Asia Economist, OXFORD ECONOMICS
Asia Outlook in 2020
- Carlos Casanova, Senior Asia Pacific Economist, COFACE
Supporting Globalization: A Banker’s Perspective
- Tan Kah Chye, Executive Chairman and CEO, CAPITAL & CREDIT RISK MANAGER (CCRM)
Panel Discussion : Strategies to Mitigate Trade War Risks
- Damien Dhellemmes, Country President, Singapore, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
- G.S. Sareen, President and CEO, OMNI UNITED (S) PTE. LTD.
- Sofia Hammoucha, Head of Transaction Banking for South East Asia, BNP PARIBAS
- Sonal Priyanka, Regional Head of Trade & Supply Chain Finance, South East Asia, India and the Middle East, SOCIÉTÉ GÉNÉRALE
- Iain Morrison, Managing Director, Head of Global Trade and Receivables Finance, HSBC SINGAPORE
- Ashutosh Kumar, Managing Director, Global Head, Transaction Banking, Commercial Banking, STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Trade Credit Insurance: Proactive Risk Management Partnership
- Bhupesh Gupta, Asia Pacific CEO, COFACE
Coface copyright, conditions of use : You may copy and publish the information with the consensus of Coface, provided that you do not make commercial use of it and that you indicate clearly that it originates from Coface. The information is given without guarantee and does not bind Coface in any way.